top of page

A Visit from a Warlocks Friend

Michelle, Georgia, USA
October 1998

When I was in high school I dated a guy who said or thought he was a warlock. Although I have always been very interested in the paranormal and the outside world, I never really believed him. I always would ask him to prove it or doing something to make me believe. Technically this is not a ghost story or a story of a spirit. It is a real being. Something I saw with my own eyes. Something I will never forget. So here's my story.

When I was in high school, I was on the dance team and we traveled quite frequently with the band. Sometimes traveling five to seven hours to go to a football game on a Friday night. When there were long trips I would be exhausted the next day from all the celebration on the bus's on the way back to my home town. Well, this one time I went , I remember my boyfriend telling me he would come and visit me that night to make sure I got home O.K. I was skeptical of course. I just blew it off as him trying to get me to belive his little fantasies. Before leaving to go to school this day I did everything I could think of to ensure I got a good nights sleep when I got home. My middle sister had a bad habit of coming into my room and stealing my good clothes. So I started locking the door to my room. I pulled down all the shades and closed and locked the windows to my room before I left. I unplugged the phone and even shut the closet doors. I double checked the lock on my door to my room before going to school that morning. Everything was prepared.

Later that night as the bus's arrived, my father was waiting patiently at the bus stop to take me home. He was just as exhausted as I was. I couldn't wait to get home to my warm cosy bed. As soon as we arrived home my father stated he was turning in for the night. I went upstairs to my room and unlocked the door. I went in and it was pitch black. I got ready for bed and shut my door and started to drift off to sleep. As soon as the lights were out I heard a scratching noise behind my dresser. The dresser was very old. It had belonged to my mother when she was a child. The wood on the back of the mirror was bowed out and warped from age. I waited a minute thinking it was probably just a cockroach or a cricket that had gotten behind there sometime the day before ( for those of you who grew up in the south, you know these things are quite common ). It stopped and I rolled over ready for a good nights sleep. Then I heard it again. This time more frequent and louder. I then thought it could be a lizard or something that might be trapped behind there. By this time every one in the house was asleep accept me. I got up, turned on the light, and looked behind the mirror. There was nothing there and the noise stopped. I climbed up on my dresser, got the flashlight out and looked again. Still nothing. I thought well if its roaches I'm going to take care of them! I tip toed downstairs to the kitchen and got the can of Raid. I put the adjustable nossle on the front of it and sprayed all down in the back of the mirror. I thought, that should take care of it. I once again turned out the light and proceeded to go to sleep. Then the noise again. I couldn't figure it out. I waited and still the constant scratching. I thought one good spray of the Raid would of done it. Now I was getting very aggravated and really tired. I needed sleep and I needed it now. I got up again and this time sprayed almost the whole can. I thought well, if this doesn't do it I don't know what else will. Then finally the scratching stopped. I turned out the light and lay in bed wide awake by now and just staring around the room a little. In the far corner of the room and I saw a dark shadow darker than the room itself. Not very big. Almost cat like in stance and crouched over. It looked straight at me and then I was curious. I sat up and stared right back at it. It's eyes were little red slits and it blinked at me very lazy and exhausted looking. It moved very slowly to turn away and then closed it's eyes and disappeared. Then I realized what I had done. I just remembered what my boyfriend had told me that day. That must of been what he was talking about earlier. I was so tired I didn't even care. I decided to give him a call in the morning and then I finally fell asleep.

The next day I got up about noon ( being a teenager of course). I raised the shades in the room and plugged in the phone. The phone rang as soon as it was plugged in. I answered and it was my boyfriend. He was furious. He said " What did you do to Blackie ?". I played dumb and said " what do mean what did I do? " He says " You know what I mean. You almost killed him with that can of Raid. " I go " what! " Still playing it off like I had no idea what he was talking about. He says " that's the last time I do you a favor and send Blackie to look over you. ". I finally gave in and admitted spraying the raid thinking it was roaches in the mirror. I apologized and never doubted him after that day. The only thing I couldn't figure out was how he knew. To this day I still don't really understand what happened that night or what that thing was. I never told anyone about the Raid, nor did anyone have access to the capability to look into the room. I do belive in one thing. Whatever it was that came to me that night was not from this world. I saw it and I heard it. There is another world out there that we know very little about. It is well hidden from us every day. I know now that it exists and will never doubt the unseen powers of our world. I saw the guy I was seeing at that time about a year ago and he has given up practicing witchcraft and all that. It's kind of sad in a way. There is so much more out there that we could learn from these people. So much unseen knowledge.

Michelle, Georgia, USA
00:00 / 01:04
bottom of page