top of page

The Crow

Alex Sado, NSW, Australia
July 2005

Hi, My experience happened about five years ago, on the day that my father-in-law died.

I used to work at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital as a Sterilising Technician, my department was located on level two, which was at the time a dungeon (it has since been renovated) and the only way you could get in there was via the elevator.

On this particular day, which was a Sunday, I was working and my father-in-law was in the Intensive Care Unit on level six, in a deep coma. I knew that he did not have long to go so in between breaks I would go up to be with him.

Around one o'clock in the afternoon I looked over at his monitors and realised that his heart beet was starting to fail, and I realised that he was dying. I called the Sister in Charge over and told her that I needed to go back down to my Department to change into my street clothes and pick up my bag, and then I asked her to ring me if anything happened in the time that it took me to get ready.

Now, where my Department was located at the time was literally a dungeon, there were no windows, no doors, nothing, the only way you could get in and out of the place was through the elevator.

When I got to my department I went to the tea room to have a cup of coffee. As I sat down to drink it the phone rang. The call was from the Sister in Charge telling me that I needed to get upstairs as soon as possible. Outside the Department door we used to have a garbage bin where we discarded our theatre hats and shoes at the end of our shift. On this particular day, as I was leaving the Department after the phone call from the Sister, A black Crow was perched on top of the garbage bin. Now remember what I said about this place being a dungeon with no way in or out of it?. As I came out of the door the Crow looked at me and then flew off around the corner to where the elevators were, then it came to a stop on the floor near the elevators. I was so surprised that at first I did not know what to make of it. The Crow waited for me to round the corner to the lifts and for me to get in. As the doors to lifts were shutting I saw it fly of in the opposite direction and disappear from view.

An hour later as I was leaving the Intensive Care Unit with my husband I told him what had happened and we decided to go and check out where the Crow had gone to, but as I suspected there was no sign of it anywhere.

To this day I still don't know how the Crow got in there or how it got out as there was no way it could have done either.

Over the years I have had many strange experiences, but this one was by far the strangest.

Thank you so much for reading my story.

Alex Sado, NSW, Australia
00:00 / 01:04
bottom of page