top of page

Black Coated Man

Ann-Kathrin, Troms, Norway
January 2000

Hi. I’m back again, and this time I have been digging around for any good stories from my family and friends. True stories of course, at least by my knowledge. Until recently I wasn’t sure if there was anything particularly special about my family, but long conversations with my mother have come to reveal that my family really do have a special gift, she told stories about me, and what I had told her I use to see when I was a child, stories about my brothers and herself. The next step in my "investigation" will be to go and ask my grandmother about her experiences.

Well, enough about that and over to the two stories of the day. The first one is told to me by a friend, a different friend than the one in my last post, and the other story involves my aunt and uncle and my cousins.

Now over to the first story. I will tell it as if it was her talking. Here it goes.

"This scary incident that literally scared the bejesus out of me, happened one night I was home alone. There was no one in the house except myself and my old cat Elvis. I think it started the moment I got home, it was freezing outside (we live in the northern part of Norway, winters are rough) but the weird thing was, that after I had turned the key and grabbed the door handle to open the door, it was so hot it burned my hand!!! I jerked my hand back, but when I tested the handle again, it was cold as normal.

The rest of the night went fine, and enjoyed myself at home without my parents. I am the last out of three siblings, and now it was just me, Elvis (the cat) and my parents, so when they were out of town, I really enjoyed myself just relaxing.

The next thing that happened which made my blood freeze in my veins, was when I was getting ready for bed. For some reason Elvis started to hiss and act up, looking with wild eyes up at something standing beside me. I didn’t what this was all about, but when I turned to look in the mirror, I saw them.

Now, this is where the story gets really weird, right next to me was a grown man wearing a long black coat and a black hat. His face was pale and he didn’t say anything, but the expression on his face showed that he was mad!!! I could feel my stomach turn, I got so scared I screamed my lungs out and ran straight into my room and crawled under my bed covers. That was when I should have gotten out, and left, but later I don’t know how, I fell asleep.

A few hours later, it must have been in the middle of the night, I was woken up by a cold streak running down my back, thinking the window must have opened and my blanket slipped off, I soon noticed this was not the case. A few minutes later I was almost back to sleep when I felt the most painful pain I have ever felt in my back. My first thought was that someone had broken in and was stabbing me in the back with a knife. But as I slowly turned my head as far as my agony would allow, I couldn’t see anyone. Now the pain hurt so much I screamed and tears ran down my cheeks. I started to pray and then, poof, it was gone. I was so scared I didn’t dare to move until the next morning. I don’t know why this man was mad at me, and he has not been back. Yet?"

So, this was her story. If anyone out there have any ideas or explanations to what this could have been, please don’t hesitate to mail me. Maybe a case of "Old hag"?

Now, over to the story told to me by my aunt. Two years ago, their entire family had been camping in the woods of Sweden, my aunt her husband and their two kids. This is her story.

" We had had some great weeks on the road, going from camp site to camp site, having nothing but fun all summer. I think it was about around the beginning of the third week on the road, and we had just started on the way home and driven all day, when we decided to call it the night. Partly because the kids were getting car sick and we were in the middle of a beautiful forest which just had to be slept in. So we got out of the car, took the tent out of the trunk and started to put up next to a small lake.

Everything was idyllic, perfect, until the late hours of the night and the darkness embraced us. We were all gathered in the tent around a gas lamp telling jokes, when all of the sudden we heard a splash by the waters edge. At first the kids got excited, thinking it was a reindeer or something, so they stuck their tiny heads out through the zipper, but there was nothing there. A few minutes later it was all forgotten. Until a very loud splash followed by water being hitting the top of our tent definitely got our attention. Again we zipped down our tent just to find nothing but utter silence. Moments later the footsteps began. Now we knew it could not be any local residents playing tricks on us because of the fact that we were in the middle of an uninhabited forest, and the odds of anyone else camping near us, well, was remote. The footsteps kept on running around our tent, then stopping, then running again. By now we were all a little nervous, but the thing that tipped my husband over was when someone or something pulled one of the pins holding our tent out making it collapse over us. That was it, he threw the tent in the back of the car along with us and drove like hell out of there. We still don’t know what it was, it didn’t feel like it wanted to hurt us or anything, it was more playful than harmful, but you know your uncle always a sissy. (huge smile)"

Well, that’s it for this time, but I’m sure ill be back with more. Hope you enjoyed.

Ann-Kathrin, Troms, Norway
00:00 / 01:04
bottom of page