top of page

Haunted Home in PA

February 2007

Let me start off by saying that I have never seen a ghost. The things I am about to tell you have happened to my husband and I in our home since we moved in 2 years ago.

The house we live in is what I consider an average home (2 bedroom, living room, dining room, kitchen, bathroom and laundry room with and attic and basement). When we bought the house we had full intentions of remodeling it. They say that remodeling disturbs the spirits, well, I believe it.

I started telling my husband that I thought we had a ghost about 3-4 months after moving in. At first he didn't believe, but now he believes.

The first experience I had was late night/early morning. My husband had to get up at 2:30am to go to work and was out of the house by 3am. I knew he was gone (I saw him pull out of the driveway) and yet it sounded like he was walking across the floor with his boots on. I got out of bed to yell at him for tracking in, but when I opened the bedroom door, nobody was there. So, I looked out the window to the driveway and sure enough, he was not home. It freaked me out, but I put it off to hearing things. Then it started happening on a regular basis. I learnt to ignore it, what else could I do?

The next thing to happen really weirded me out.
We have 3 cats. When this occurred, all three cats were on the same couch, with two of them sleeping. It was dark out so I got up to close the curtains. The cat that was awake was laying right by one of the windows I was closing on top of the couch. All of a sudden she starts growling and I see her head move from one side of my house to the other very slowly, as if watching someone walking. I don't think I've ever moved so fast in my life. I ran to the room my husband was in and proceeded to tell him what happened. He gave me a "yeah right".

The next thing to happen was to my husband. He was in bed sleeping and abruptly woken by what he calls a punch to the face. Well, he rolled over to yell at me, but to his surprise I wasn't there. As it turned out, I had fallen asleep on the couch and was never in the bedroom. Needless to say, after that encounter he was a believer. I yelled at the ghost and said it was not allowed to make any physical contact with us. Then we didn't seem to have any experiences until 2 nights ago.

My husband and I were each on our own couch watching TV. When watching TV you face the dining room and kitchen doorways. Also, let me say that we have a screen door on our kitchen so the cats cannot get in there. Well, I heard a click and he saw the kitchen light turn on. I tried to debunk it, but there was no explanation. Now I guess we will just wait and see if anything else happens.

00:00 / 01:04
bottom of page