top of page

Hauntings and Encounters

Nickey, Greenville, MS, USA
June 2009

This happened to me about 4 years ago. When I was 9 years old, we were living in Byhalia, Tennessee. We moved into a two story house that was located by a large lake. The lake didn't completely belong to us, because there were other people living close by, across the lake. I was the first one to see something there, but it was only in the corner of my eye, so I don't know if it was just my imagination, but I do believe in spirits. I had a Playstation 2 I would always play on, and whenever I played it I saw shadows of black figures in the corner of my eye, walk across. I also was seated in front of a closet with the T.V. sitting across from me. I didn't see them all the time, just frequently when I played my game, and I don't know why. I'm not even sure if it was a shadow figure or not. I didn't say anything about it, because I wasn't sure.

About a month later, my mom had only one encounter, and then nothing else from anybody. She says that when she was sleeping, she felt something crawling under her covers, like a human body, from her feet all the way up. She looked under the covers and nothing was there. We moved out of the house about a half a year later, but we still didn't find out anything further from that experience. We don't know if it was haunted, because we never did ask or get any information.

This happened to me once and I was probably about 5 years old then
(13 now) and we lived in this old house my Grandpa had built. I had two brothers and a mother, I never met my dad. I also had a Grandma living with me. My Grandpa was a big drinker, so he got drunk a lot. One day he coughed up blood clots and died. I thought nothing out of the ordinary of it. Then a couple of weeks later, when I was asleep, I heard loud wailing noises. Of course I really was a big believer in ghosts, and I still am now. I went to go check it out, it sounded like the noises were coming from the kitchen, so I went to the kitchen. By the time I reached the Kitchen the wailing stopped. I thought I was hearing things, so I went back to bed. By the time I crawled into bed the wailing started again. I went to my mom's room where she slept and woke her up, because I was starting to get scared. I asked her if she heard anything and she told me no. I explained what I heard to her, and she let me sleep in the bed with her.

The next morning, I went to the kitchen to find my mom. I went all around the house looking for her, but she wasn't anywhere to be found. I thought it was pretty strange for a mom to leave behind a 5 year old daughter. I found a note on the fridge saying, "Be back soon." I went into the living room to watch some T.V. until I heard more wailing. I ignored it until I couldn't stand it anymore. I turned off the T.V. to listen closer, and I saw a transparent figure in the T.V. which looked similar to my Grandpa. I freaked out and started screaming for my mom or for anyone to help me. My mom came running down the stairs, and then I really started to freak, because I thought she was gone. I told her that I thought she was gone, and she said she had been in the attic pulling old stuff out. Then I asked her about the note on the fridge, and she told me "What note?" I said. "The note on the fridge you wrote." She told me she didn't write a note and put it on the fridge. So I freaked out again. I went back to the fridge, but the note wasn't there anymore. My brother came down (my Grandma didn't live with me at the time). My mom started having strange encounters, but she wouldn't tell us what it was about. She decided we should move.

Two years later (I was 7 then) we moved in with my Grandma, because of the previous house. A couple of months went by, and my Grandma started getting sick. She eventually died in a hospital because she had a disease (I can't remember what it was called).It was peaceful, until the next couple of weeks went by. Me and my brother were at the house alone, and my mom was at work. We watched a movie. I put it in and when I sat down the tape flew out of the VCR and onto the floor. Me and my brother didn't freak out, but started laughing because we thought that it was just a coincidence that it flew out. So no worries, right? Wrong. That very next day I heard someone cooking in the kitchen, so I walked into the kitchen. The stove was on, but no one was there. I turned the stove off, but I was concerned that there was a ghost here. When my mom got home I told her what I saw and heard, she believed me, but said that my brother was probably just playing a joke. I told her that my brother isn't tall enough to reach the burners or the switch to turn on the stove. She told me that I was probably just trying to play a joke on her, but then my fear went away and I did get mad, because she didn't believe me.

My mom had to drag me to bed, since I didn't want to go to bed. I eventually just fell asleep, like I passed out or someone drugged me. I felt like I was in a freezing cold house, but the ice in the house went away like it was transparent. Then fire sprang up, like it was on fire, and smoke filled my nostrils. Something woke me up with a startle, and I noticed my house was on fire. I panicked and didn't know what to do so I went to go wake up my brother and mom to get them out. They followed me, but by the time we got outside the house wasn't on fire anymore, it was like an invisible bucket of water drenched out the fire. My mom was mad for waking her up, but my brother didn't know what to say. We went back into the house and everything was normal, I only noticed a piece of the wall was black that looked like it had been burned. I know that the wall didn't look like that before. We soon moved out of the house, and were never haunted again, or had a paranormal experience. I don't know what it was, but if it was my Grandparent's haunting me, then why have they been doing it like they hated us? My mom still doesn't believe anything that happened, but it still chills me to the bone thinking about item brother on the other hand, doesn't say anything about it, and tries to avoid it or ignore it if someone tries to ask, even though he never experienced it.

Nickey, Greenville, MS, USA
00:00 / 01:04
bottom of page