top of page


Jennifer, Florida, USA
May 1999

Iwas 13 years old when we moved into our house. It was built in the mid 60's, so it was pretty modern. We fixed it up and tried to make it out home, but for some reason it never felt like home to me.

My sister and I shared a room till I was 17, then she moved out. It was neat to have a room to myself, but I felt very uneasy. I would feel lIke someone was watching me. I am very sensitive to spirits, so I could tell that this one wasn't very nice.

For a couple of months I put up with his annoying little antics. He would knock stuff off my dresser, pull my toes, or shake my bed. I thought it was annoying, but I tried to ignore it. Well, one day my best-friend, Holly, decided we were going to play with a Ouija board she had just bought. I thought, 'Ok, lets try it and see what happens'. She knew about my little pest problem and wanted to see if we could contact him. Holly and I sat on the floor in my room and started to to ask if there were any spirits out there we could chat with (Let me jump in and say that everything that happened to me always happened in my room). We talked to two different spirits, then we got Jack. That one was mine. He was the one that stayed in my room, and now he had a name. He seemed nice at first, but then he got a little creepy. I asked him why he was always tormenting me, and he said that he was in love with me. He also pointed out that he didn't like my boyfriend at that time. Jack wanted me and him to be together. Without thinking much, I purposely set out to get him aggravated. I told him that I didn't like him because he was annoying and troublesome. I also pointed out that I was alive and he was dead. Well, he had a solution for that. He told me that he was going to kill me so that we could be together. That ticked me off. I told him that I would be very angry if he killed me without my permission, and that when I was ready to die, I would tell him.

We said goody-bye, and that was that. Or so I thought...

Well, things started to get worse. He started getting more and more obnoxious. The first big incident happened late at night. It started with the usual moving of objects. After that, I could hear something going on with my mouse's cage which was next to my bed. When I got up and turned on the light, I saw that the lid was inside the cage. That meant whoever put the lid in would have had to take it off, and turn it sideways before putting it in. I got angry when I saw this. I got up and got some tape and taped the lid to the cage. After that, I went to bed trying to ignore him. He was still in there watching me, and I hoped that he would finally give up and go away. A few minutes later, I heard some movement in my closet. I ignored it at first, but then all of a sudden there was a huge crash. I thought something had been knocked down off the top rack, so I got up and investigated it. When I turned on the light, I saw that all of my hangers were turned upside down on the bar, and my clothes were on the floor. It freaked me out so bad, that I ran to my parents room and woke them up. They came to my room and checked it out, and even though they had no explanations for it, they refused to believe that it was caused by a ghost. The rest of the night I slept on the couch.

A few weeks later I was in my room, lying down and trying to get to sleep. It was about 10:00pm, and my mom was up watching TV. All of a sudden the temperature in my room dropped about 20 degrees. It was the coldest it had ever been. I thought to myself, 'Jack is back'. He hadn't bothered me since the last incident, so my guard was down. Somehow though, the energy in the room felt different. I decided to ignore whomever or whatever it was and get some sleep. Right when I was about to fall asleep, something grabbed me by my nightshirt, picked me up till I was in the sitting position, and proceeded to repeatedly slam me into the headboard with my head hitting the wall. I opened my eyes and saw a black orb in front of me. I knew that I was staring at an object of pure evil. I started to say the Lord's Prayer and the thing backed off. I just stared at it and continued to pray. As I did, I saw it get smaller and smaller, then totally disappear. I ran from my room, out to the living room where my mom was and told her about it. She still didn't believe me.

That was the last I hear of Jack. My parents finally experienced him, and now they believe me. I was work, he was knocking on my bedroom door. My dad opened it, looked around, and didn't see anything. He closed the door, and went back into the family room. The door knocked again, and still my dad didn't see anything. After the third time, my dad said "Whoever wants out, get out now because this is my last time opening this door." He said he felt a breeze go past him and down the hall.

I've thought about that night over and over again. Even four years later, I can't get it out of my mind. Now I wonder if perhaps the thing in my room that night wasn't Jack. Maybe all Jack was, was a love-struck, annoying pest. Maybe I was visited by a demon of some sort, and it scared Jack away. I haven't had any more problems since that night. All I know is that I faced evil and I won.

Jennifer, Florida, USA
00:00 / 01:04
bottom of page