top of page

Mommy's Room

Tami, PA, USA
January 2000

When I was a little girl my Grandparents owned a huge house. I used to love to stay in my mothers old bedroom which had the door to the attic in it.

I was always told stories about that room and the attic but I never believed them until I was about 10 years old and had many experiences of my own.

My parents wanted to go away for a weekend during the summer when I was 10. So my 2 little brothers, little sister and I were sent there to stay. We were so excited and I told them that I claimed "Mommy's" room.

The first night I stayed in the room, I went to bed at about 9 o'clock. My Gram tucked me in shut off the light and closed the door part way. I was so excited I just laid there unable to sleep. All of a sudden the light turned on and the attic door came flying open. I screamed for my Gram. She came running upstairs and when I told he what happened she told me that the wind must have blown the door open and my little brother probably turned the light on.

The next night was pretty quiet. I thought that night was our last but my parents said that the storm was too bad to try to come home so they were going to stay one more night. This night happened to be the worst.

I was reading a book on my bed when my light turned off. I yelled at my brother for doing it, turned it back on and continued reading. I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up I couldn't move. Some force was holding me down I. My light turned off, the blinds went up letting the moonlight in. All of a sudden the attic door came open. Out of the attic walked a WWII soldier. I tried to shut my eyes and I couldn't, it wouldn't let me scream either. The figure floated over to the bed and said to me, " Tell your Grandfather that we needed him in the war." I freaked!!! The ghost proceeded to tell me a place where my grandfather was needed. He told me his name was Al and he was a soldier under my grandfather in the war before my grandfather was relieved because my gram had another child. After what seemed like hours, but was only minutes, he left me there to think about what had just happened.

In the morning I asked my grandfather if he knew a guy named Al during his time in the service. It turned out that Al was my Uncle's godfather but died shortly into the war of some sort of illness. I told my grandfather what happened to me and he totally believed me because my mother had the same experiences when she was young.

I am not worried about if you believe this or not but I know that I am not alone in my experience.

Tami, PA, USA
00:00 / 01:04
bottom of page