top of page

Oak Street

Maria Gonalez, PA, USA
January 2001

Once, after my house had burned down my family had to find a house live in while we got everything settled with the insurance company.

Well we finally found a house on Oak Street. It was a nice house and a lot of my friends lived near by, so I thought I would like it there.

After a few months of living there, I noticed a lot of strange things happening, like thing started to disappear and then be found outside, and stuff like that. I really didn't think anything about it at the time, just dismissed it as my little cousins playing around when they came to visit. Then one day while I was in my room, the TV started to turn off and on all by itself. That started to freak me out a little.

After that, I started to wake up in the middle of the night hearing someone calling my name. I would get up and see who it was, but it would stop as soon as I took one step out of my bed. I had thought it was my sister trying to freak me out a little. But then it had started happening while she had been in Texas visiting some relatives. So I thought it was my mom, but see had been out of town on business. It really scared me.

Then one night, while I was staying at a friends house, my grandma (who lives with us), woke up in the middle of the night and saw a women's figure standing right in front of her. She had forgotten I wasn't there and then dismissed it. After I got home, she asked me why was I in her room last night. I told her that I hadn't been home. She quickly change the subject.
Then, after my mom had got back in town, I overheard my grandma talking to her. She said she was sure someone had been in her room, but she didn't want to scare me so she didn't say anything. That did it for me. I knew something was in that house and I just started screaming. My mom tried to calm me down, but couldn't. I just had to vent all the fear I was feeling. So I went to my friend Rachel's house. I told her about everything.

After I had told her everything, she just started crying. When I asked her what was wrong, she told me that some stuff had happened to her. I couldn't believe my ears when she told me. She said she had woke up in the middle of the night to the same thing. Someone was calling her name. When she opened her eyes, she saw a crayon floating in front of her. Then just melt in mid- air. She had grabbed on to her cross necklace and it burned her. When I looked at her hand, she had a burn in the shape of a cross.
When she told her parents, they thought she was making everything up. I tried to help to help convince them, but they wouldn't hear of it. So when I told my mom what Rachel had told me, she said that she had talked to her parents and they had some similar stuff happening, but refuse to believe the house was haunted.

After hearing this, me and Rachel told some of our other friends living on the street. The same stuff was happening to all of us. It had me really scared but I at least I knew I could talk to Rachel about all of this. That was until she moved all the way across town. I hardy got see her, let alone talk to her about how scared I was. How scared everyone on our street was.

After a year, we finally got things settled with the insurance company and move into another house. Nothing has happened to me since. But I since get paranoid when ever I'm alone in the house. That whole experience still scares me. Especially when I talk to my friends who still live there. They tell me what happens and all I can do is thank God that I don't live there anymore. I don't know what I would just to get out of there.

Maria Gonalez, PA, USA
00:00 / 01:04
bottom of page