top of page

The Radio

Samantha, Mi, USA
March 2003

I've lived in the city most of my life. When I was about 14 years old my parents moved to a 150 year old farm house in the country, complete with a "Michigan" basement. I wasn't to thrilled about the idea, mostly because I didn't want to leave my friends, I couldn't drive yet, and I would be "bored to death".

About two weeks after we moved in my parents called to tell me that they would be coming home late (they commuted from work which was about an hour away). So, I turned on the television and started to watch random programming. All of a sudden I heard this strange noise that sounded like a chain saw. I knew that people couldn't be around my house, because my dog would've started barking. I was a little uneasy, but eventually it went away.

About an hour later, I heard the exact same noise, but much louder and closer than before. At this point I was really freaked out, and decided to go up to my room and lock the door. This is where the really wierd part starts. My room was a perfect square. My bed was in the upper left corner, and my desk which had the radio on it was in the lower right corner. I was laying in my bed reading a book when all of a sudden my radio turned on. Figuring that I had accidently set the alarm on it, I walked over and turned it off. As soon as I sat back down on my bed the radio turned on again. Annoyed, I walked over and turned it off again. As soon as I was on my bed again, the radio turned on extremely loudly. Pretty freaked out at this time I pulled the cord out of the wall to turn it off. To my surprise, the radio didn't shut off, it just kept playing. This was a near impossible feat since my radio could not be powered by batteries. Needless to say I was really scared and ran out to the front porch to wait until my parents came home.

They arrived about a half hour later, wondering why I was on the front porch. I told my dad what happened, and he walked upstairs to my room with me. My radio was off, but the cord was plugged back into the wall. Then my dad and I saw a flash outside my bedroom window and went to look, and there was this green glow about fifty feet from my window. It spun around in loops and jutted back and forth for about ten seconds, then came towards the house and disappeared. My dad and I looked at each other, then walked downstairs and never spoke of it ever again. Nothing weird ever happened again.

Samantha, Mi, USA
00:00 / 01:04
bottom of page